FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How will San Bernardino Line service be affected between Monday, March 27 and Sunday, April 16?
All Metrolink San Bernardino Line trains will originate and terminate at the Fontana Metrolink Station, with connecting bus service to and from San Bernardino and Rialto.
How will IE-OC Line service be affected between Monday, March 27 and Sunday, April 16?
All Metrolink Inland Empire-Orange County Line trains will originate and terminate at the Riverside-Downtown Metrolink Station, with connecting bus service to and from San Bernardino.
What will be the alternate bus schedule between Monday, March 27 and Sunday, April 16?
The complete alternate bus schedule is available at www.metrolinktrains.com and related stations. Buses will depart earlier than regularly scheduled trains from the Rialto and San Bernardino stations to connect to Metrolink train service at the Fontana and Riverside-Downtown stations. The earlier arrival will allow passengers to purchase tickets in time for train departures.
When will Metrolink service resume to San Bernardino and Rialto?
Beginning on Monday, April 17, Metrolink trains are scheduled to once again serve the San Bernardino Metrolink Station and the Rialto Metrolink Station. At San Bernardino, passengers will board and detrain from the newly constructed platform.
Will there be parking issues at other San Bernardino and IE-OC Line stations?
An increase in parking at Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Riverside-Downtown and Riverside-La Sierra stations is expected. There are parking capacity issues at some of these stations, which is why we are encouraging people to consider the busing connection.
How will March Monthly Fares be affected?
March Monthly Pass holders with an origin or destination of Rialto or San Bernardino will have the option of taking the alternate bus service to Fontana or Riverside-Downtown between March 27 and March 31.
How will April Monthly Fares be affected?
Metrolink’s April Monthly Passes purchased with an origin or destination of Fontana will be valid for train travel to and from the Rialto and San Bernardino stations the entire month. On the IE-OC Line, April Monthly Passes purchased with an origin or destination of Riverside-Downtown will be valid for train travel to and from San Bernardino, as well.
How will One-Way Tickets, Round-Trip Tickets and 7-Day Passes be affected?
Beginning on March 27, San Bernardino Line riders whose trips begin or end at either San Bernardino or Rialto can purchase tickets with Fontana as the origin or destination, resulting in trip discounts. On the IE-OC Line, tickets and passes can be purchased with an origin or destination of Riverside-Downtown with free travel to or from San Bernardino. This offer on both lines will apply to all tickets and passes purchased between March 27 and April 16, including 7-Day passes valid beyond the resumption of full rail service.
What construction work is going to take place at the San Bernardino Metrolink Station?
As part of the extension to the new San Bernardino-Downtown Station later this year, existing track will be removed and new track will be installed including a second main track connecting to the new platform at the San Bernardino Station. Also, drainage beneath sections of track will be constructed, along with the reconfiguration of the signal system around the station.
After construction is complete, there will be testing of the track and signal system, along with the validation and testing of Positive Train Control.
- WHEN Monday, March 27 through Sunday, April 16 2017
- WHAT San Bernardino Line trains will operate only between Los Angeles Union Station and Fontana, with bus service to and from San Bernardino and Rialto. Inland Empire-Orange County Line (IE-OC) trains will provide service between Riverside-Downtown and Oceanside with bus service to and from San Bernardino.
- BUSES: Buses will depart earlier than regularly scheduled trains from the Rialto and San Bernardino stations to connect to Metrolink train service at the Fontana and Riverside-Downtown stations. SEE KIOSK FOR INFO.
- MORE INFORMATION: This work is related to the extension of Metrolink service to the San Bernardino Transit Center to later this year. Regular train service will resume Monday, April 17. The project dates are tentatively scheduled and may change due to weather constraints or construction needs.
- FARES: From March 27-April 16, riders can purchase tickets/ passes to/from Fontana or Riverside-Downtown instead of San Bernardino or Rialto providing discounts during service interruption.
Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience.