Can you believe we are getting close to wrapping up another calendar year? November is a time for reflection and to give thanks for all we have. Reflecting on all we have accomplished this year it is a perfect time to say Thank You to our partners, team, and our local community. At Greater Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau we have successfully met so many of our goals. Here are a few highlights:
- We renewed and extended our Tourism Marketing District to continue thru 2028.
- The California Welcome Center opened May 2016 and as of September we are also the Guest Services center for the entire mall. With over 28 million visitors annually we are looking forward to the holiday season.
- We created a $97 Million impact to our local economy for the fiscal 2015/2016 year.
- 2,127 articles were written about our activities with a value over $32M
- We exceeded our Group room night bookings by 11.6% and exceeded lead generation goals by 17.3%.
- Total ROI 32:1
- July 1, 2016 we took over management of Citizens Business Bank Arena creating a synergy to our efforts.
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
To each and every one of you – Happy Thanksgiving!